A simple crêpes recipe just in time for Pancake Day and perfectly paired with Laurent-Perrier Demi-Sec…
Not long to go now until Pancake Day. Ahead of the delicious annual celebration, we wanted to share a quick and easy recipe for the perfect pancake.
So dust off your frying pan, gather some good friends and bring together your favourite sweet or savoury ingredients for this Tuesday 27 February.
- 100g (4 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 225ml (8 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 1 egg
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Combine the dry ingredients, the flour, sugar and salt, in a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add in the wet ingredients, the milk and the egg.
- Mix together well.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan on a medium high heat.
- Pour the crêpe batter onto the pan, using approximately 60ml (2 fl oz) for each crêpe. Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crêpe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a flexible spatula or fish-slice, flip over and cook the other side. Serve hot with your filling of choice.
Some of our favourites:
- Gruyere cheese and ham
- Mozzarella, basil and pesto
- Roast beef, rocket and mustard
- Goat’s cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and rocket
- Smoked salmon and creme fraiche
- Hazelnut spread and raspberries
- Strawberries with melted white chocolate
- Sliced apple, cinnamon and caramel sauce
- Ice cream with fruit and dark chocolate sauce
- and of course… the classic, lemon and sugar
Find us on Instagram and Twitter for more fun tips and photos and don’t forget to share your best champagne and crêpes photos with us!
#LoveLaurentPerrier #PerfectPairing #Pancakes